This diagnostic program will make sure that REST API access is properly granted to HubShop.ly. This is an important part of the authorization process which enables HubShop.ly to send and retrieve information for your HubSpot portal.
What to Look For
What it Does
This diagnostic program will confirm that a REST role and attributes have been created for your activated store.
Tip: When you start setup for the first time, this is automatically configured.
- A passing status means that the your REST API is configured to allow HubShop.ly to communicate.
- A failing status means that no REST role could be verified for use with HubShop.ly. If this happens, you can try to reset your installation by clicking the Reset button in the Support section. This will restart your HubShop.ly installation and attempt to setup the REST role for you automatically.
- Alternatively, you can configure this yourself. See below for more information.
- The Enabled test must be passing.
Manually Setting up the REST Role
HubShop.ly will attempt to automatically configure the REST role for you. However, in some circumstances this may not work for your application. If the diagnostic test fails, you can do this manually by following the steps below:
- Log into your Magento admin panel
- Select System > Web Services > REST - Roles
- Select Add Admin Role
- In the Name field, enter "HubShop.ly"
- In the Role API Resources tab, choose All for Resource Access
- Save the role
- Return to the new role's management screen
- In the Role Users tab, click the checkbox next to your own username
- If your username does not appear, click the Reset Filter button
- You may ignore the warning given about role assignment
- Save the role
Once the role is setup, you must then define the accessible attributes for your user under this role. Follow these steps:
- Select System > Web Services > REST - Attributes
- Select Admin from the User Type list
- Set the Resource Access field to All
- Save your changes
Once finished, re-run the diagnostic tests and confirm that it is passing.